SFARI Gene update
22 July 2016
New data were added to SFARI Gene in June. Some of the highlights of this data release include:
- 1 new gene (BCKDK) was added to Category 2 of the Gene Scoring Module. This brings the total number of autism-risk genes with strong evidence to 55 (ie. Categories 1 and 2 ranked genes).
- 14 new genes were added to Category 3, bringing the total number of genes with suggestive evidence for a role in autism to 136.
- The mouse model dataset has been updated with 54 new models.
- The rat model dataset has been updated with 32 new models.
- Over 1,000 new protein interactions of genes associated with autism have been added to the Protein Interaction Module.